>On the way home tonight my music was all of a lovely instrumental variety that I wasn’t overly familiar with. I was listening to it and leaning next to the train doors, looking out the window and watching London slide by. And it was lovely. Because there were no words it felt like it was just ambient music for a film… adding just a wee bit of mood to give some colour to the journey home after a long day.
- A nice side effect of getting out of Hanoi is being able to actually see the stars. 1 month ago
- Although, to be fair, if there isn’t a toilet seat, there can’t be piss on the toilet seat. Gotta look at the bright side. 8 months ago
- Napkins instead of TP? ✅ Coconut under the sink? ✅ Toilet seat? ❌ Good thing my hoover game is on point. 8 months ago
- Correcting Shakespeare and shite while at the bar. Not sure if that makes me a bad teacher or a good ‘un. 9 months ago
- At least he was wearing a “helmet” though. Watching so many go by without them. I won’t even look at my bike without mine. 10 months ago
- airport apartment Aurghville awesomeness banality beers blogging about blogging book-o-rama books change cheeky thoughts Christmas complaints confession crankypants cursed dating elementary ESL excuses exercise fear food Friday's Feast funny stuff goal tracking government Hanoi health immigration issues in a nutshell interwebs Jodi-Teacher kinders Korea lazy learning London mail love mangled language misplaced anger moolah music new experiences pain photos quote random rant self-congratulations self-indulgence shallow thoughts sight seeing sleep smart monkeys snarktastic speech of the week story time stuff I like stuff that scares me surveylicious teaching in Korea teaching in Vietnam tech thanks The Interrogative Year travel TV UK UKBA Vancouver Vietnam weather weight loss work