>When I first left Korea I bowed to everyone. Now I only tilt my head sometimes, but I’ve mostly gotten out of the habit. I don’t yell “yo-gio!” when I want service to my table. I can pour a drink with only one hand on the bottle. I can receive things one-handed. But you know what I nearly did today of all things? I nearly tossed my tissue in the bin instead of the toilet. What the?!? Goes to show I’m pretty worn out these days… I’m not thinking straight!
- $16 for three people to eat. Plus eight free beers. I do love this country. 2 months ago
- You know you’ve been to a pub in Hanoi too often when you know where their secret loo roll stash is. 2 months ago
- Aaaaand we are back outside again. 3 months ago
- Popo just busted our bar. Inside drinking for us. 3 months ago
- A toilet roll without the hole. I’ve never seen the like. https://t.co/7SkyMBfynL 3 months ago
- airport apartment Aurghville awesomeness banality beers blogging about blogging book-o-rama books change cheeky thoughts Christmas complaints confession crankypants cursed dating elementary ESL excuses exercise fear food Friday's Feast funny stuff goal tracking government Hanoi health immigration issues in a nutshell interwebs Jodi-Teacher kinders Korea lazy learning London mail love mangled language misplaced anger moolah music new experiences pain photos quote random rant self-congratulations self-indulgence shallow thoughts sight seeing sleep smart monkeys snarktastic speech of the week story time stuff I like stuff that scares me surveylicious teaching in Korea teaching in Vietnam tech thanks The Interrogative Year travel TV UK UKBA Vancouver Vietnam weather weight loss work