>When I first left Korea I bowed to everyone. Now I only tilt my head sometimes, but I’ve mostly gotten out of the habit. I don’t yell “yo-gio!” when I want service to my table. I can pour a drink with only one hand on the bottle. I can receive things one-handed. But you know what I nearly did today of all things? I nearly tossed my tissue in the bin instead of the toilet. What the?!? Goes to show I’m pretty worn out these days… I’m not thinking straight!
- Although, to be fair, if there isn’t a toilet seat, there can’t be piss on the toilet seat. Gotta look at the bright side. 18 hours ago
- Napkins instead of TP? ✅ Coconut under the sink? ✅ Toilet seat? ❌ Good thing my hoover game is on point. 18 hours ago
- Correcting Shakespeare and shite while at the bar. Not sure if that makes me a bad teacher or a good ‘un. 1 month ago
- At least he was wearing a “helmet” though. Watching so many go by without them. I won’t even look at my bike without mine. 2 months ago
- New life truth: If you are a wearing a Hello Kitty helmet, your road rage is hilarious. 2 months ago
- airport apartment Aurghville awesomeness banality beers blogging about blogging book-o-rama books change cheeky thoughts Christmas complaints confession crankypants cursed dating elementary ESL excuses exercise fear food Friday's Feast funny stuff goal tracking government Hanoi health immigration issues in a nutshell interwebs Jodi-Teacher kinders Korea lazy learning London mail love mangled language misplaced anger moolah music new experiences pain photos quote random rant self-congratulations self-indulgence shallow thoughts sight seeing sleep smart monkeys snarktastic speech of the week story time stuff I like stuff that scares me surveylicious teaching in Korea teaching in Vietnam tech thanks The Interrogative Year travel TV UK UKBA Vancouver Vietnam weather weight loss work