Yesterday in Science my kindergarten class made anemometers. We didn’t get a lot of time to play with them, so the kids left them in the classroom. I made a sign that said "Do NOT touch. -10 stickers!" so the big kids would not play with them (I still had to take 10 stickers away from one of the wee bastards). Well, the next day, many of the anemometers had fallen over. So Ryan2 comes busting in the teacher’s room and indignantly asks, "Teacher, who was touching our anemometers??" Yes! He is 6 years old. And Korean. And he asked me about his anemometer. They are like little sponges. *I* didn’t know that that-weather-wind-dealy-with-cups was an anemomenter until I was… okay. Okay, I found out yesterday that its really-real name is "anemometer" and not "that-weather-wind-dealy-with-cups". Did you know what to call it before now??
- Watching the US election is completely doing my head in. 2 months ago
- I’ve definitely been in Vietnam too long. Thought to myself “glad it is starting to cool off”, then checked the tem… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- Simply gorgeous. Unicorn’s pho cocktail. Gin, Cointreau, pho spices, lime. https://t.co/O0bq0Tsxsc 1 year ago
- Ordered a signature pho cocktail. https://t.co/SuZnGrQyKa 1 year ago
- First up: Crazy Hanoi Traffic. Rum, Dracontomelon juice, ginger, caramel, honey, lemon, and spices. My mouth is con… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- airport apartment Aurghville awesomeness banality beers blogging about blogging book-o-rama books change cheeky thoughts Christmas complaints confession crankypants cursed dating elementary ESL excuses exercise fear food Friday's Feast funny stuff goal tracking government Hanoi health immigration issues in a nutshell interwebs Jodi-Teacher kinders Korea lazy learning London mail love mangled language misplaced anger moolah music new experiences pain photos quote random rant self-congratulations self-indulgence shallow thoughts sight seeing sleep smart monkeys snarktastic speech of the week story time stuff I like stuff that scares me surveylicious teaching in Korea teaching in Vietnam tech thanks The Interrogative Year travel TV UK UKBA Vancouver Vietnam weather weight loss work